I had planned to write about something else this week, but my mind has been on one thing, so I thought I'd just be very transparent and share with you what's going on with me this week! In this story, Is a simple and important reminder for all of us.
On Sunday, one of my closest friends was in a tragic accident. We are lucky to still have her with us. She is not out of the woods so to speak, in the ICU with serious trauma, and we all pray that she will have the ability to recover from this fully.
We never ever know when something can happen in an instant that can change things forever. This week has been a very real reminder to me of that.
Hold your loved ones close. Tell them you love them.
Make time for your loved ones, even when you feel too busy to do so.
Do the things you want to do in life. Make the time. Be brave. Be authentic. People tend to regret what they did not do more than the things they have done.
Practice Gratitude. Find gratitude in the simple things. Find gratitude in the things that we tend to take for granted. Find gratitude in the way that your body functions for you.
Cherish the community around you. Offer support, and accept support. Supporting each other benefits everyone.
I know that we have all been through life events that are reminders of these things. I felt like sharing my reminder with you because I think that this is something that we can't really be reminded of enough.
So this week, maybe there is something that you can take action on in this area? I have ideas for you......
- Start a gratitude practice. Every morning write down or meditate on the things that you are grateful for. Find gratitude for the way that your body carries you through life. Find gratitude the simple things, and in the abundance of good things you have in life.
- Reach out to someone that you love and that you haven't made the time for lately.
- Forgive someone that you have been holding a grudge against.
- Do something brave that you have always wanted to do.
- Accept support from someone that wants to support you.
- Offer support to someone that needs it.
- Tell the people in your life that you love them.
- Give hugs. Lots of them.
I'm grateful for you!
Wishing you wellness!