I rarely focus on the negative in life. I generally choose to focus on positivity and Love as much as I can. This has felt harder recently because so many humans are hurting right now.
Every time I jump online and catch any bit of news lately, my heart breaks. There is a collective sadness and frustration right now, and it hurts.
I wanted to write something this week about everything in the news, people that are being senselessly killed, the families and communities that suffer, the anger, the racism, separation, war, bombings, lack of connection....something. There's a lot of conversations that need to be had right now. I believe we need to talk to each other about what's going on. We need to connect. As I sat here with my macbook starting this blog post over & over....I decided that what I really wanted to write about is Love.
I decided that I'd write about Love because of 2 things. First off, I'll admit that I think it's the only blog post I could finish and actually publish, as I've been struggling to even find the language to talk about the hurt going on. Secondly, I believe that love is the answer. Always. Every time. Especially right now.
There are a lot of things we can be doing right now to fight the good fight, and conversations we can be having, but what I want to ask you today is simple....How can we spread more Love? I ask this question because I know this is one way I can make a difference daily, I can connect, I can heal, and I can do something to work towards healing as one big family of humans.
I've been consciously asking myself this question lately, and to the best of my ability taking action in my daily life.
How can we spread love?
I think what we need is a Love Revolution. We are all a family of humans. How do we start living more like it?
There are big things we can be doing, yes, but this is a short blog post, and what I want to focus on here is what are the things that we can be doing to help raise the vibration of Love in the collective consciousness as we are going through our daily life? What are the little things that we can focus on to be part of a compassionate ripple effect in our immediate surroundings? Here are a few things I've come up with and have been consciously focusing on doing more myself in my daily life, and it feels good.
- When you leave your home and are out and about in your community....smile at strangers. Look them in the eye, and genuinely smile at them. Send them love. Say Hello. Ask people how they are doing, and then listen. Help them out if you see them needing help.
- When you are going through the checkout line at the store. Put your phone down. Give eye contact and talk to the person that is helping you. Connect with them. Ask them about their day.
- Reach out to people. Call them. Write them. Drop them a simple text out of the blue. Tell them you care. Write those you know are struggling and ask them how they are, and then listen. Ask them if they need support. Reach out to people and tell them how amazing they are. Tell them how much you appreciate them. Tell them how much you admire them for doing what they are doing. Make them laugh!
- Dish out genuine compliments to people. Be a cheerleader for those around you. People you know, and strangers on the street, in the store, or wherever. Offer genuine compliments and words of encouragement every chance you get.
- Tell people you Love them.
- In every situation, put yourselves in other people's shoes. Try to imagine what they are dealing with, and show empathy. Express your empathy.
- Understand that you never know where someone else is coming from. You never know someone else's story or what they are dealing with at any given moment. Remember this when someone cuts you off in traffic, you see someone behaving in a less than pleasant way, you find yourself having judgement about someone's actions, decisions, or opinions. Know that we are all doing the best we can with what we are dealing with, and send Love.
- Hug each other. Every. Chance. You. Get. Hug your family. Hug your friends. Hug your friends that you usually don't hug. Hug strangers. Just hug.
- Offer support. Yes, I know you are busy. Do it anyway. Acts of support as small as opening a door for someone with their hands full, to full on holding space for someone during a crisis. Help people move. Watch their kids. Connect them with people that can help them. Give them a hand up in any way that you can.
- Random acts of kindness. Random acts of Love. Buy an extra sandwich at the deli and give it to the homeless person outside. Buy an extra bag of groceries for your neighbor that you know is struggling & leave it on their steps. Pay for a coffee in the drive through for the mom you see struggling with her restless kids in the car behind you. Anything you can think of! Just do it.
- Make time for people. Listen to them. Encourage them. Show them affection.
- Show and express your appreciation to others. This always feels good, for both you and them!
- Choose Love. Be Love. Even when it's really hard. Especially when it's really hard.
I'd like to make a suggestion. Start your day by asking yourself these questions:
How can I bring more Love into the world today?
How can I spread more Love in the world today?
How can I BE Love today?
It all starts with us as individuals. I firmly believe that if we all focus on 'being Love' as much as we can, that we can transform the world we live in. We can transform our own lives, our families, our social circles, our communities, our country, and our world. The ripple effect can be STRONG! Please please....get out there, and send the biggest ripple of Love out there that you possibly can. I promise that if you make an effort here, you are not just making an impact via the ripple, but you will make a tremendous impact in your own life as well. It's healing for everyone. It raises the vibration for everyone.
I would love to hear what kind of things you come up with. Please share with me in the comments any ways that you are choosing to spread more love in your daily life.....we can all learn from each other, inspire each other, and create the biggest ripple of Love possible!
Love Love Love Love Love Love Love!